Friday, December 21, 2012

NO MORE CURLING IRONS

I know this hasn't got much to do with crafting but it is eco-friendly! I often like to curl my hair and now that my hair is getting so much longer it takes two hours plus with a curling iron to get a full head of bouncing curls, SUCH A PAIN! But thanks to the wonderful woman that runs a video blog on Youtube called the lipstick diaries, I am trowing away my curling iron and saying hello to an old fashioned way of curing my hair. Can you believe that an old fashioned way of doing something is 1. Faster, 2. Cheaper, 3. More eco friendly, and 4. more natural looking curls.

Here's the link to the video Click Here She's got a cute accent and she explains how to do this very well. She also has a lot of make up tutorials. All you need is dry hair and a stretchy hairband. As soon as I watched this I wanted to try it! So here's some pictures from my first attempt!

This ones before bed. It took me a few tries but a total of 15 minutes to figure out how to get my long hair all in the back. When I was sleeping the back somewhat fell out but it had no bad effect on the results. In the video she suggests that if you dont want to sleep on this some days you can do this in the morning after a shower and keep this in as a hairstyle and let it out that night or the next morning. I kinda fell in love with having my hair in this because all my hair was off my neck. It also has some bohemian princess look about it. 

and in the morning, excuse my no makeup and sleepy eyes. I couldn't believe how easy this was. I instantly had large natural curls and lots of volume. No products, No heat, and 15 minutes total spent. People will think you spent HOURS on your hair!

I am now looking into other ways to reduce the amount of resources and time I spend on my daily routine. Let me know if you find anything!

No comments:

Post a Comment